Inforisticblog.com: How I reduced the site's bounce rate by 70 percent



--AD--

According to Google Analytics, Bounce Rate is the percentage of single-page sessions (i.e. sessions in which the person left your site from the entrance page without interacting with the page). In layman terms, it simply refers to the rate at which people exit your site's page upon loading.


The Bounce rate of my site -Inforisticblog was of great concern to me some years back, when i discovered that it was as high as 84% on Google Analytics stats. But after several researches on Google, i was able to arrive at the solution and that's exactly what i want to share with you today.

Quality Content

Inforisticblog.com: How i reduced the site's bounce rate by 70 percent

Firstly, you should ask yourself - Am I providing quality content to my site visitors or not? this is necessary because your site visitors won't mind spending time to look around your website or blog if they've known you to deliver articles that are in-depth and very helpful in the areas of the topics you have chosen to write about. 

If you have not been spending time to develop your articles, I suggest you do. You may even go online to read what others are saying about the topic but make sure you have a return link to their site as source of information. 

Let your write-ups be detailed enough and it should treat the topic 99.9%. At the same time, it's not compulsory you write long articles, I have some posts here ranking between 1-5 in google search and to my greatest surprise, everything i've written there is not more than 15 lines. Here's a link to one of them --http://www.inforisticblog.com/airtelnigeria. 

In Summary, follow best practices in developing your contents and avoid copy writing.


Blog/Website Design

Inforisticblog.com: How i reduced the site's bounce rate by 70 percent

I woke up very early one day and decided to check my site design to know how attractive or repulsing it is at first sight. I confirmed that it wasn't quite good so I made some little adjustments by maintaining the simplicity of the site as well as keeping the header section and navigation in check. 

In summary, let navigation on your site be as easy as possible and try to make your site simple and attractive. 

Someone visiting a site for the first time may develop low interest in a blog or website at first contact and may even question the authenticity of the information on the site, therefore it is better to allow professionals design one for you if you can't do it yourself. 

Below is a list of tutorial websites that could help you;

Add Related Post Widget to your Blog/ Website

Inforisticblog.com: How i reduced the site's bounce rate by 70 percent
This is also very important, some blogger templates already have space for this widget but not all of them.

The Related Post widget works with the label tags on your posts to provide your viewers with something similar to what they've just read on your website or blog, this will make them stay longer on your site enabling them to surf more pages on your site that is of utmost interest and they may even end up bookmarking the site or becoming your No. 1 visitor by subscribing to your Email updates. 

The related post widget on my blog influenced a tremendous decrease in my site's bounce rate based on what I noticed in the first week of running the widget. If you don't know how to add it, I suggest you check out this tutorial --click here--

To cap it all. all these tips have been tested by me. As at the time of writing this post, Inforisticblog is maintaining 14% Bounce rate below is a screen shot to prove that. I'm sure it would work for you too.

Inforisticblog.com: How i reduced the site's bounce rate by 70 percent

I hope this was helpful, don't be a stranger -- feel free to share with us, any other method that has helped you reduce your blog or website's bounce rate through any of the comment boxes below this article. 

Don't forget to share this article with your friends on Facebook and Twitter.

=== Connect with Inforisticblog on Facebook| Twitter | Google+ | Subscribe to My FREE Email Updates ===



--AD--

--AD--

Comments

  1. Thanks, this was very helpful, I'm still gonna bookmark it so i can read it all over again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi please my blog is suffering, and the bounce rate is increasing daily. Please Help me with your blog theme. My email address is onyemadonald@yahoo.com. thanks

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Important - If you ask a question make sure you tick the "Notify Me" box below the comment form to be notified of follow up comments and replies.