How to Check BVN - Bank Verification Number on Phone



--AD--

Bank Verification Number- BVN is an initiative of the CBN to ensure transparency, security and easy assessment of data in accordance with best practices in developed countries. 

In my own opinion, I love the whole idea except for the fact that I now have Eleven (11) digits more to memorize. Well, that won't be a problem since we can now get the BVN Number anytime through our mobile phone even without Internet connection.

By the way, the BVN consists of 11 digits.



How To Check BVN via Phone

How-to-Check-your-Bank-Verification-Number-BVN-Via-Phone
To Check your Bank Verification Number on your mobile phone, simply dial *565*0# from that particular line you used for your account registration at the bank.  

Please note that BVN check is not Free of charge. You should have a minimum of 10 Naira credit on your line. 


Some banks have also created a dedicated shortcode to allow customers check their BVN on their mobile phone on Glo, MTN, Airtel or any other network in Nigeria:

GTBank Code for checking BVN

GTBank customers can dial *737*6*1# to check BVN

.....Other banks' BVN check codes will be updated soon

Try it and relay your feedback to the comments section. Enjoy!

If you are yet to do your BVN, hurry up!

--AD--

--AD--

Comments

  1. Is it free to check?

    ReplyDelete
  2. A customer service agent in my bank just requested for my BVN and sincerely I don't know it off hand. Your article was really helpful. Thanks a lot

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simple, precise and it worked. Thanks Inforisticblog

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much,you really helped me for my bvn,I needed it urgently and I found it immediately I diall the code, you really helped.. Thanks once again

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the feedback Omotola! You are always welcome.

      Delete
  5. MY First bank and GTB Accout are linked to one phone number. how do i check BVN for each of the accounts either by the short code or online method. pls advice

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi John, the shortcode works regardless of the bank. Although, individual banks also have their own shortcodes for checking BVN

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pls i forgot my skye bank account number what can i do

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you allot, it was very urgent and the code really helped, it's fast and cheap, #20 to check, God bless

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks... it really helped

    ReplyDelete
  10. Please, how do I check for GTB?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Please how can I check my fcmb bvn

    ReplyDelete
  12. Please how do i link my bvn to my new gtbank account please?

    ReplyDelete
  13. My Sterling and UBA are linked to the same number and if I dial the *565*0# it only gives me the one for UBA. Pls how can I get the one for Sterling. Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  14. My UBA and Sterling are linked to the same number and if I dial *565*0# for the bvn it only gives me the one for UBA...pls how can I get the one for Sterling. Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  15. How can i get my bvn number with ecobank

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Important - If you ask a question make sure you tick the "Notify Me" box below the comment form to be notified of follow up comments and replies.