How to clear the E-017 Error on GoTv



--AD--

E-017 error has suddenly become popular on Gotv decoders of recent, I'm a living witness, although my experience may be a little bit different from yours.


SEE ALSO: Clear All GoTv and Dstv error codes with this ShortCode 

I paid my Gotv subscription via Quickteller before the current subscription expired on my decoder, but to my greatest surprise, viewing was stopped on my decoder on the day my current subscription expired despite the payment that has been made earlier. 

It was during the public holiday so all effort to reach their Customer care was a dead end. I sent emails to Gotv customer care with a copy of the mail forwarded to quickteller, Quickteller support responded same day but my dear Gotv customer care might still be yet to receive all the emails because even the mail from quickteller to Gotv customer care is still yet to be attended to. 

So, I decided to follow the 411 of that popular adage that says If the mountain fails to move to....... you know the rest. I paid Multichoice office a visit on the first working day after the public holiday and the problem was resolved finally. Here's how to clear the E-017 error on your Gotv decoder and also resolve the error that says "the decoder is not enabled for this channel".


How to clear the E-017 Error on GoTv


Clear E-017 error on your GOTv decoder

There are 2 methods to clear this error.

First Method: Clear E-017 Error via SMS


Firstly, make sure your subscription is active i.e make sure you've made a successful subscription that has not expired then pick your phone to send the reactivation SMS in this format.


RESET IUC NUMBER as a message to 4688, for example, RESET 2003029600 to 4688 (where 2003029600 is your IUC Number)

NB: If you are using this method, I suggest you do it during the day (8 a.m - 7 p.m)

*The IUC NUMBER are those digits on the red label under the decoder, you need it for your GOTV payment

If you are planning to downgrade your GOTV subscription, it is very much easier to do now but that will be discussed in our next article.

Second Method: Call Gotv Customer Care


This second method will require calling Gotv customer care line. The Gotv Customer care line is 012703232. You may listen to the voice prompt but DON'T follow the voice prompt, the machine will forward your call automatically to one of their agents. 

Third Method - Clearing Gotv Error codes online

gotv-clear-e-017-error-page-inforisticblog


GoTv has launched an online platform to help customers clear Error codes. To access this service log-on to the Gotv clear error code page - (Just Tap the link!)

Enter your IUC number, select the error code you want to clear and input the captcha displayed followed by the "Clear Error Code button" to confirm your request.

If successful, viewing should be restored in few minutes.  

One of these three methods will surely work for you.

How to Resolve Decoder not enabled for this channel error on Gotv

When your screen displays "Your decoder is not enabled for this channel", there are few things to check before you proceed;

1. Make sure you have an active subscription
2. Make sure your Antenna is well positioned and the signal strength and quality is perfect. To check the signal strength press HELP on your gotv remote, scroll down to Advanced Options, press Ok again and select Signal information on the next prompt.
3. If the Signal strength and quality is high enough, simply rescan your decoder or reposition your antenna for better signal.
4. After rescanning the decoder, the error should be fixed and if the error persists, simply contact Gotv customer care via the second method discussed earlier.
    
I'll be awaiting your feedback in the comment section regarding your experience with Gotv customer care or service. Your friends may be interested in this information too, share it via the social buttons. Thanks

Connect with Inforisticblog on Facebook | Twitter

--AD--

--AD--

Comments

  1. Our stories are similar, was still thinking of going to their office at Ikeja but thanks for sharing this solution. My Gotv is back again, thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your contribution but the Gotv site does not have the option for E-017 error, the method you just described is for clearing E-016

    ReplyDelete
  3. How do i correct EO17-0 error please?

    ReplyDelete
  4. does E016-error still apply to GOTV or same with E017error

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. E-016 error is very rare on Gotv compared to the E-017 error that can show up more than thrice in a month. I want to believe Multichoice is working on this problem though

      Delete
  5. I ain't seeing any E-017 error on mine,but I found out that some of the channels are gone, how do fix it,should I try one of the methods.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just rescan the decoder. To prevent this problem next time, exit scanning when you turn on your Gotv decoder. Thanks for sstopping by

      Delete
  6. Thanks got it solved.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I experience the E-017 error everyday! Each time I put on my GOtv I get this error. It's very very very annoying. I use the sms option, sometimes I got a msg that the device number has been received and the stuff come up, sometimes I got a msg that that device number could not be cleared and I dont get to watch TV that day. I do this everytime (For months now), N10 eachtime! I dont want to imagine how much money I have spent on this junk. What can I do to put a permanent end to this? Waiting fo r your response. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks my Gotv is back but how can i get a permanent solution to this problem cuz i know it may happen anytime soon

    ReplyDelete
  9. Olotu,I am presently in d same dilemma with u..since december 2014,dis e17 error message comes up every time on my screen up till now. I do reset more than 8 times a day or every time I put on the decoder or nepa take light and bring back. I am so tired and I don't know what to do. Let me not even think of the 10 naira deducted frm my crdit since then and if I do it in d night,they will tell me that error cannot be cleared. I paid for 6months subscription and its still running till april. If not,I would have bought a new decoder since it seems this one is faulty. Pls does anyone know what I can do to stop this wahala?

    ReplyDelete
  10. i did both step and in less than 5 min it came back up. thanks

    ReplyDelete
  11. owoeye olumide hi, my decoder has not been show some channels like super sport 2 ,african magic2,17,also channel 3. iuc number 4601861066

    ReplyDelete
  12. please,some channels in my decoder has been always saying invalid channel,like 2,3,10,17,25,31, &32 .iuc number 4601861066

    ReplyDelete
  13. some of the channel are not appear on my decoder ,4601861066

    ReplyDelete
  14. E 17 COMES ON MOST TIME ON MY DECODER WHEN I VISITED A GOTV CENTRE I WAS TOLD IT WAS BECAUSE I WAS STILL USING THE OLD DECODER PLS ADVISE BECAUSE IN AMONTH I DONT ENJOY THE SERVICE AT ALL

    ReplyDelete
  15. Pls do something about this E 7.we are not enjoying the Gotv at all.half of my channels are not showing for the past 4weeks now.pls what do I do,

    ReplyDelete
  16. God bless whoever is behind this blog, i can now watch my Gotv again after two days of subscribing without getting access.

    ReplyDelete
  17. the new gotv i bought is really giving me headache, i cant view other channels except the gotv channel 1 and lagos tv and my free subscription is still active

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's why i'm here for 2weeks now

      Delete
  18. What a Fuck happening to my Gotv? I have subscribed since yesterday yet am been cut off to watch the channels.

    ReplyDelete
  19. None worked for me!!! The call is not free my credit finished on call while i was waiting for a customer care representative to answer me about #300! How much do i have to load to call this people now enh after paying for subscription? So sad.

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is a huge scam,multi choice should address this issue of E17,I have been cut off since yesterday. I have sent them the usual reset and IUC number to 4688 more than 20times ..up til this morning,its still same storry.i have even tried to clear it on line,I was directed to call a particular number.which I did.only to fall the voice instructions,at the end nothing happened,the E17 is still showing and my airtime is exhausted.was hoping to catch up on Telemundo this morning before going to work.how can one pay for services and at the end won't enjoy it yet instead of fixing the problems your customers are complaining of,you device another means of extorting 10,10naira per text yet at the end the E17 still shows.this is so annoying.plus you guys removed BET2...pls look into this matter

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thanks men for me it was instant solution I just sent an SMS and bamm my go t.v was good

    ReplyDelete
  22. Pls how can i activate Gotv newly

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thank for this guide..Keep it up

    ReplyDelete
  24. Please i got it yesterday,n i have been trying to get it to work but its been showing, This decorder is not enabled for this channel,contact the Gotv call centre for assistance

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi,

      You need to Activate that GOtv decoder before you can start watching the channels. I have written a step-by-step guide on how to activate GOtv for the first time,

      You can find it here > Click How to activate GOtv for the first time without assistance

      Delete
  25. Mi gocoder has been showing,The decoder is not enabled for this channel contact the gotv call service for assistance

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi,
      Do you encounter that error when trying to watch all the channels or just few channels?

      Delete
  26. Tnx so much. The first method worked, and no, I didn't wait till daybreak. This is 5am and it worked.

    ReplyDelete
  27. I'm I'm facing the e17 o. My gotv please what can I do and it a new one just biubou it today

    ReplyDelete
  28. I am very grateful, Cleared the E17 error sending the RESET IUC Number to 4688

    ReplyDelete
  29. Thanks for the share, I have resolve the E17, with the second method by sending RESET space my iuc number to 4688

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Important - If you ask a question make sure you tick the "Notify Me" box below the comment form to be notified of follow up comments and replies.